Job Purpose, Mission:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide translation services and support to the various functional areas of the business in line with the company policies and procedures. The Translator is responsible for delivering good quality translations on time, following established rules pertaining to factors, such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and mechanisms.
Duties and responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Studying original texts or recorded verbal matter to comprehend subject matter and converting them into another language to convey the original meanings;
- Consulting dictionaries and other reference sources to determine accurate meanings of terms;
- Ensuring that phraseology and terminology of legal, technical or scientific texts are correctly rendered;
- Ensuring material is translated into the other language in the appropriate register and style and that it will read as an original piece rather than as a translation; and
- Checking and revising translations to improve them.
- Compliance with specific domain and client terminology and/or any other reference material provided and ensuring terminological consistency during translation
- Appropriate syntax, spelling, punctuation, diacritical marks, and other orthographical conventions of the target language
- Compliance with any proprietary and /or client style guide (including domain, language register, and language variants);
- Appropriate locale and any applicable standards;
- Appropriate formatting;
- Compliance with target audience and purpose of the target language content.
- Do research on the subject matter to acquire the additional linguistic and specialized knowledge necessary to understand the source language content and to produce the target language content, by using the internet or other means or referring to subject matter expert
- Proofread, review or revise various written translations in English and Mongolian languages, when assigned
- Provide consecutive interpretation services in English and Mongolian, when necessary
- Meet deadlines in delivering the translation, comply with ethical codes, safety standards and employment agreement, and keep the strict confidentiality of information.