GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs maintenance inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant/mine mobile equipment and mine stationary equipment at OT site Underground Maintenance work shop. This role is critical to achieving Equipment Availability and Reliability goals by elimination of unplanned stops and extended downtimes. Incumbents in the position are required to participate in company-sponsored training and certification programs to ensure that their job knowledge and skills meet evolving company standards. Assist with and perform component diagnostic, replacement and repairs on, but not limited to the following: Power Trains, Hydraulic Systems, Electrical low voltage Systems, Engines, Pneumatics / AC systems, and Frames.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Comply with Company and OT site Underground areas health and safety regulations at all times.
- Perform Workplace Inspections and Preventive Maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing).
- Ensures maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired or replaced when necessary
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent
- Perform post job inspection to ensure a high level of housekeeping standards
- Be well versed in the maintenance of mobile equipment.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Disassemble and rebuild mobile equipment. If needed perform the following duties: engine replacements, transmission replacements, powertrain replacements, hydraulic motor replacements, etc.
- Must have experience and expertise in the installation of pneumatic and hydraulic piping systems, including the use of proper fittings and connectors
- Be able to repair and replace damaged or worn parts and able to operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects
- Be proficient in diagnosing faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Be able to dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes
- Fabricate needed parts or items as required.
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance (PM) on underground haul trucks, front-end loaders, electrical and/or hydraulic drills and bolters and other utility support vehicles
- Perform PMs including scheduled hour services, changing fluids, filters, inspections and other component checks
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records
- Assist with and perform emission testing on underground equipment
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts for an extended day period during plant outages.
- Willing to upgrade skills by participating in vendor training
- May operate mobile equipment such as: forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes, and mine tractors
- Perform other duties as required
- Perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner