Under the overall and direct guidance and supervision of the Advocacy and Business Awareness Raising Officer and Head of Mission, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of activities under the project “Improving resource-efficiency and cleaner production in the Mongolian construction sector through materials recovery” and support the operation of the mission.
“Improving resource-efficiency and cleaner production in the Mongolian construction sector through materials recovery” is a four-year project supported by the European Union and Czech Development Agency.
The Action aims at promoting sustainable construction and demolition waste management practices and resource efficiency. The project’s activities focus mainly on conducting relevant studies and research, developing professional training materials and tools and organizing training for the focus groups, laboratory and industrial testing and sampling of potential waste-based recycled products, awareness-raising on waste management practices and resource efficiency, and strengthening the legal framework on construction and demolition waste management.
Project assistant roles
- Record-keeping and document management: official letters, contracts, communications, meeting minutes, updating contact sheets, etc.
- Translation assistance
- Interpretation in meetings, seminars, events
- Logistical support: event management, organization of meetings, procurement of refreshments and stationery, follow-up calls, etc.
- Technical assistance to meetings and events (assure its high quality)
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Administrative assistant roles
- Office supply procurement and management
- Office asset management
- Archive management
- Technical support to Administration and Financial Officer
- Procurement related support: collecting quotations, drafting contracts, etc.
- HR, recruitment-related support to the project team: screening or contacting candidates, assistance to HoM with visa or work permit issues, etc.
- Messenger – in-person delivery of reports, invitations, documents, etc.