We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with design and quality requirements.
The successful candidate must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate must have an Engineering degree from a reputable university, have a minimum of 7 years of construction engineering experience and have analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal of the Construction Project Manager will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time, according to quality requirements and without exceeding the budget.
- Collaborate with Client and design engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project
- Obtain permits and licenses from Client to progress the work in accordance to the quality requirements
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Assess actual performance against planned performance to confirm exact programme position and identify any necessary corrective measures that may be needed and protect the company’s contractual position
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of project supervision team (engineers, HSE officers, storekeepers etc.), subcontractors and laborers and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Encourage best practice and continuous improvement, including the performance management and development of direct reports
The successful candidate must have:
- Good knowledge of contracting, finance, purchasing, engineering, and controls procedures as well as advanced knowledge of equipment and construction techniques required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Capable of successfully solving difficult contract and contract-related technical problems requiring excellent judgment